The Androgyny Palette


I have been patiently waiting for the release of this palette and was so shocked when Beauty Bay dropped this on the same day as it was released in the US (literally never happens, us UK beauty lovers usually have to wait ages or pay huge custom fees). Of course I had to snap it up and I am so glad I did! The packaging of this is so thin and sleek, making it perfect for travelling, along with the mirror which is really good also. I love the hot pink faux snake skin effect, it's so sassy.




Look how bomb this palette is!!! I wanted to get my hands on this as the colours are unlike anything else I have in my collection. It will definitely push me out of my warm orange and pinks comfort zone which I am so ready for. 



A bit of a closer look at the shades. This palette has 6 matte shadows (Safe Word, Dominatrix, Androgyny, Military, Poison and Swallow), 2 matte shadows with a little shimmer (Charm and Fetish) and 2 foiled shadows (Frosting and Déjà Vu). I love a good matte eyeshadow so I am living for this palette. I love how varied and different this palette is, just by looking at it I can think of at least 6 different looks to create.



Here are all the shades swatched. The pigment of these eyeshadows are seriously unreal. I love that two shades, Androgyny and Dominatrix are the same shade as the liquid lipsticks of the same name. I haven't had much time to play with this palette but I have been loving Safe Word in my crease with Androgyny all over my lid and smoked out on my lash line with a slick of Androgyny liquid lipstick to match. I can't wait to use the orange and bronze shades, or an all over Red look with Fetish oh and a blue look too. So many possibilities. 



Now I know there is a lot of controversy around Jeffree Star and his brand but I genuinely love this products, the pigment, colour range, quality and price point is amazing and when did makeup have to get so political? Makeup is supposed to be fun and creative and this brand also pushes me out of my comfort zone and I for one love that.



No comments :

Post a Comment