May Favourites


Better late than never! Sorry for being M.I.A for an entire month. I finally managed to snag a job and have been a busy bee ever since. I have been meaning to write this post, well since June 1st so here at last...

Line of Duty - this had been on my watch list on Netflix for ages and I finally got round to watching it. Every episode ends on the biggest cliffhanger and it is always so intense and engaging. If you like British police dramas you will love this, easily one of the best I have ever seen. Shout out to Scottish babe Martin Compston.

RuPaul's Drag Race - my friend Stuart has always recommended this show and it's so addictive and such an easy watch. Especially love watching it whilst doing a full face of glam for obvious reasons. Season 6 is my favourite by a country mile - Bianca Del Rio is my true Queen.

Beyonce "Lemonade" - Queen B does it again. The first thing I did when I got the job was treat myself to this album. Can't wait to see her at Hampden on July 7th.

Megan Abbott "Dare Me" and "The End of Everything" - I did a mini review of "Dare Me" and read "The End of Everything" right after. I love the way Abbott writes about teenage girl angst, rivalry and drama. So enthralling and both books had me gripped from start to finish. 

Dove Self Tan - a nice, subtle fake tan that doesn't smell awful or stain your sheets. It enhances the tan you already have instead of making you look like a cast member of TOWIE. It's a winner all round. 

NYX Soft Matte Cream in Cannes - obsessed with this shade, such a good choice for work and goes with pretty much every makeup look. I also love the smell of these soft matte creams!

Freedom Brow Pomade - a good drugstore alternative until I can justify spending £15 for ABH, might treat myself come pay day...

Real Techniques Sculpting Set - I love Real Techniques and I have purchased many sets from eBay, which I still need to write a post about - watch this space. This sculpting set is perfect for bronzer, blush, and highlight. I especially love the fan brush to highlight the cupid's bow and nose and the other small slightly pointed brush to sweep highlight over the cheekbones.














No comments :

Post a Comment