London Birthday Trip


It was my 24th birthday the other day so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go visit my best friend, Ruth in London. I mean who doesn't love a trip to the capital?

In all the years I have been visiting London I have never been to Camden Market before, so we headed there bright and early to avoid the crowds. I would 100% recommend getting there for 10am when it opens, as it is packed within the hour. 


After a browse around the market, we headed into central and a trip to London is not complete without a visit to Liberty. It's by far my favourite department store, it's so pretty with lots to see and don't even get me started on how amazing its annual Christmas floor is.


My last day in London was on April 18th, my birthday! I have always wanted to go to Duck & Waffle to see the sunrise, so that's exactly what we did. Trust me the thought of waking up at 5am on your birthday is rough but it was totally worth it to see the sunrise over London and eat breakfast with a view like that (the two cups of coffee also helped greatly). I had the duck & waffle which I know sounds odd but it was soooooo freakin' good. I really want to go back at sunset now as the view, service and price were all tip top.






After breakfast Ruth treated me to the most bomb slice of rainbow cake from Hummingbird Bakery and it was soooo good. We wondered down to the Tower Bridge to eat out birthday cake and watch the world go by. 


We did a lot of other things, that mainly involved eating and drinking (a lot) but I didn't get to catch all our adventures on film. I blame iPhones and there shitty battery power. 

I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Melbourne and my 24th in London, think I should keep this tradition up. I wonder where I will end up next year...


x



No comments :

Post a Comment