H&M Beauty Appreciation Post


I am so glad that H&M Beauty has launched in Glasgow, well great for my beauty needs but not so great for my bank account. In saying that, prices do start at just £2.99 so I can't do too much damage to my bank account... With a range of over 300 items across make-up, nails, hair care and beauty tools there really is something for everyone and every budget. I only own the above 8 items but I have my eye on a hell of a lot more.

First up let's talk about my favourite product from the range - eyeshadows. The 4 colours I own are all shimmer eyeshadows which complement other matte or shimmer shades, and are even great on their own because they are so pigmented. Here they are swatched on my arm:
Can you tell I have a bit of a thing for metallic colours? Baci Di Dama is the most neutral shade and one I reach for on a regular basis. It looks great with a brown matte eye for a pop of shimmer or under liquid eyeliner as it's not too intense. I love Ginger Snap (can't find online, similar), it's a real intense copper shade which I often wear on my lower lash line for glam rock kind of vibe. Golden Light, is a true gold with a lot of shimmer making it perfect for a night out. Sharp as Mustard (can't find online, similar), is a dark khaki shade, packed with pigment and less shimmery than the others. All of these eyeshadows are really long lasting and buttery and at £4.99, they are really affordable and come in over 30 amazing and varied shades. 
I have just recently become a blush fan, my skin has a lot of red undertones so I tended to stay away from bright blushes. Luckily, this gorgeous cream blush is really subtle and sweeps the cheeks faintly, meaning its hard to put too much blush on and look too rosy. 
As you can see from the swatch, it has a really nice sheen to it and is a gorgeous pinky peach shade, hence the name Sunny Peach. At £6.99, it's not as affordable as the eyeshadows but I am such a sucker for packaging and this white/gold hexagon design is just so cute - I couldn't resist. I tend to wear this blush most days as it is really natural looking and goes well with a light highlight. 


I am a big lover of a matte lipstick and I was looking for a dark red lipstick and this one definitely fit the bill.
This Red Haute colour is the perfect terracotta red, which I think is really flattering on blondes. The formula is not too drying and feels nourishing on the lips. It's not as long lasting as say a Mac matte lipstick but, at nearly half of the price at £7.99, that is to be expected. 

Liquid lipsticks are everywhere at the minute and are pretty much all I have been wearing on my lips in 2016. I spotted these liquid lipsticks when I was in H&M the other week and I just had to have them.
I had been looking for a red liquid lipstick to branch out from all the nude ones I currently own/am obsessed with. This bright red Le Beau Monde lippie is a really gorgeous colour and makes a bold statement.  
I know it's Spring but I just love a dark lip all year round. This Screen Siren (can't find it online, similar) lippie is an intensive red/purple shade that you can easily build up to a darker shade through layering.

From the swatches, you can see how orange based, Le Beau Monde liquid lipstick is. Screen Siren looks a lot more red in this swatch but I swear it is more on the burgundy side, in real life, than it looks.

In terms of formula, these are not the longest lasting and they do tend to flake and leave that weird lipstick ring around your mouth after a few hours. But it is easily topped up, so if you are willing to top up your lipstick a few times a day then this product is still good in my eyes. There are lots of lovely colours and for £6.99, I wasn't expecting the formula to be up there with my beloved Kat Von D Everlasting Liquick Lipsticks anyway.

I am well and truly impressed with H&M Beauty and I can't wait to pick up and try more of their items. I have my eye on the Kohl eyeliner in Raw Umber for a brown smokey eye look and all the pretty nail polish colours as I heard they are great quality and long lasting! Oh and I have heard amazing things about their dry shampoo and the packaging is again TO DIE FOR.


Have you tried any H&M Beauty products?





No comments :

Post a Comment