Eating Out: Glasgow Restaurant Festival


Going out for dinner is genuinely one of my favourite things to do and Glasgow has SO many amazing restaurants, seriously we are spoiled for choice. A recent and unique restaurant experience I had, was at the Glasgow Restaurant Festival. A pop-up restaurant in a giant tent with serious circus vibes? I am down for that any day of the week. Every night a new established Glasgow restaurant takes over the kitchen - such a cool idea!


Seriously how awesome is this venue? I was literally in awe for a good five minutes and kept telling my friends how this was my dream wedding venue. Plus to add to the wedding vibes there was a free drink on arrival and a live band. This totally added to the atmosphere and is partly why I enjoyed it so much.
The night we attended it was Arisaig and Mr Singh's taking over the pop-up restaurant, with the former being Scottish cuisine and the latter being Indian. The set menu was a play on both these cuisines and it was right up my street as Indian is probably my favourite food ever. They even had chasni on the menu and if you have never had a chasni curry and live in Glasgow then you MUST order one ASAP, I have literally converted about 10 people to it. Anyway back to the food, for a starter and main course, it's £15 which I think is really reasonable. We ended up getting a mix of things to share which was great so we could try all the different dishes. As it's in a pop-up venue, there was plastic plates/cutlery/cups but that kind of thing really doesn't bother me. I wish I knew about this festival sooner and I wish I could go again before it finishes but I am off to London this weekend!  

Here's a list of all the participating restaurants, if you live locally or are visiting Glasgow then I highly recommend you pop down for a great night out.

Check out Glasgow Restaurant Festival's website here for more information. Oh and search #GRFest on Instagram and lust over how amazing this place is, you won't regret it.

happy dining folks 
x


No comments :

Post a Comment