Oscars


Round up of my personal picks of the best dressed from the 88th Acadamy Awards. Literally my favourite morning of the year, waking up to all the amazing gowns and seeing who won those all important awards. 

All That Glitters

L-R: Naomi Watts in Armani; Margot Robbie in Tom Ford; Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein Collection.

Got to love a bit of sparkle on the red carpet especially when it is the Oscars. I love the iridescent colours in Naomi Watts' dress, plus I heard on E! Live from the Red Carpet that her husband picked her final gown, that is a keeper right there. Margot Robbie is so hot and was lucky enough to be personally dressed by Tom Ford who chooses one person per award ceremony to dress - huge honour. Love that she went for a messy, casual hairstyle with a nude lip as the dress and bag are pretty full on. I bloody love Saoirse Ronan, she is a fantastic actress and seems so down to earth. This custom Calvin Klein fits her like a glove, is sexy yet classy all at the same time and the emerald green makes her look even more like an Irish national treasure.

Back To Black

L-R: Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture; Julianne Moore in Chanel Couture; Jeniffer Garner in Versace.

Now I am still kind of undecided about J-Law's Dior gown. I do love the top bodice which fits her so well, not overly keen on the ruffles but they are subtle enough to not be OTT like Brie Larson's Gucci gown was. The main thing I love about her look is her hair - that is my dream blonde right there and I need to take this image to my hairdresser ASAP! I love Julianne Moore's style, she is so effortless. I love this Chanel number on her, she looks so classy and it really complements her red hair. Jennifer Garner looks so elegant in this dress and it fits her incred body impeccably. Also like her jewellery choices and that she didn't wear a necklace and let the silhouette do the talking.

Understated Neutrals 

L-R: Cate Blanchett in Armani PrivĂ©; Sophie Turner in Galvan; Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell.

Cate Blanchett never sets a foot wrong on the red carpet, she honestly wears fashion like it is a piece of art and I love that. The cool blue of this gown really suits her complexion and blonde hair, just beautiful. Sophie Turner looks like a classy Jessica Rabbit in this amazingly fitted gown. Such a great colour choice to really make her red hair pop, kind of tempted to go red myself one day... How frickin' bomb does Gaga look? She really toned it down for the red carpet and looks like an Old Hollywood star. Love, love, love the 40's style hair and that she went for a jumpsuit over a big billowing gown. She is just so on point at the minute.



Couldn't not mention my ultimate girl crush Rachel McAdams who looked STUNNING in this emerald, backless August Getty gown. I am still obsessed with this square neckline style, I find it super flattering and it adds an edgy twist to any dress. Love that leg slit too and those silver metallic heels and her hair... just OBSESSED. Can she please get back with Ryan Gosling already?! Half expected there to be a mini-reunion at the Oscars with him and Gena Rowlands being there as well, bloody love that film. 

As for the winners, I am obviously as ecstatic as everyone else that Leonardo DiCaprio FINALLY one a damn Oscar. Haven't actually seen The Revenant yet so that is top of my list along with Spotlight which won Best Picture. Oh also so stoked that Amy won Best Documentary as it still gives me shivers thinking about it.

Going to leave you with Leo's wee smug winning face because why the hell not.


x

No comments :

Post a Comment