Happy Holidays

Sorry, I have been majorly MIA on the blogging front, I went on holiday with my Aussie family and was both laptopless and wifi-less. I had an amazing bizarre hot Melbourne Christmas then flew up to Port Douglas for a week of sunbathing, swimming and relaxing with my faves.
I am so looking forward to seeing what is in store for 2016 as 2015 has been pretty incredible to say the least. Here are some reasons why the past year was so memorable:

  1. Started travelling with one of my best friends Lianne on January 8th. We explored India, Thailand, Philippines, Japan and Australia over 4 hectic months. Feel unbelievably lucky to have experienced such different cultures from five completely different countries. 
  2. I saw the Taj Mahal; rode an elephant; island hopped for a month around Thailand; sunbathed on Boracay's white beach; experienced rush hour at Shibuya crossing; went to Disneyland for the first time ever; snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef; took a boat ride around Whitsunday Island; 4x4 drive on Fraser Island; climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge - all in one year!!!
  3. I became an au pair which is something I never thought I would want to do or enjoy. It has been an absolute blast and I am so glad to have met my amazing Australian family who I will hopefully come back to visit for many years to come.
  4. I got to show my parents around Melbourne and Sydney which was so surreal and so much fun. Not often you can say someone flew 10,000 miles to see you!
  5. Moved to the other side of the world all on my own, which is by far the scariest and the best thing I have ever done - go me! 
2016, you have a lot to live up to so let's kick some major ass! 
x

No comments :

Post a Comment