Golden Globes



                                                                          


Award season is upon us. I love this time of year as it connects my two favourite things; fashion and film. Not going to lie I rarely watch the award show as it is usually like 4 hours long, kind of dull and hard to watch if you aren't in America. Luckily the internet is all over that shit and we can watch red carpet highlights - yay for internet. Pretty pleased with the winners on the night especially for Leonardo Dicaprio, hopefully, this means the boy might finally win an Oscar! Also a notable mention for Jon Hamm who did amazing work on the last season of Mad Men, if you haven't watched it yet all 7 seasons are on Netflix so drop everything and get on with it. Keep reading to see what my favourite looks were on the night.

Olivia Wilde in Michael Kors; Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Versace; Amy Adams in Versace; Kirsten Dunst in Valentino; Brie Larson in Calvin Klein; Saoirse Ronan in Yves Saint Laurant.

Quick low down on why I think these gals were the best dressed, I love that Olivia Wilde's matched her frock with her jewels and make-up, such a dramatic and sexy look. RH-W is just stunning, as always and that nude dress with her hair colour is just bomb. Amy Adams is 41, 41?! That dress compliments her red hair perfectly. I love how gothic Kirsten Dunst's look is, so different from everyone else and the black is impeccable against her porcelain skin. Brie Larson just looks so beautiful in that dress and I love a bit of sparkle on the red carpet. Finally, I love that Saorise Ronan went for something simple and isn't trying to look way older than she is in this Grecian style number, so elegant. 

I will leave you with this amazing GIF of Lady Gaga brushing past a super awkward Leo en route to picking up her award - didn't think it was possible to love Leo more.


Next up is SAG Awards on Jan 30th 
x

No comments :

Post a Comment