Week in Pictures #21

Derby Day Spring Races
L-R: selfie with my fascinator; first glass of champagne with the girls; getting ready to watch the races; perfect picnic set up.

Slightly different take on Week in Pictures as I couldn't pick just three pictures from the Derby Day Races as there were too  many good ones so thought I would share this post instead. Spring Carnival is a Melbourne tradition and thousands of people go to the races to get dressed up, drink champagne and bet on some horses. It was so much fun to get dolled up and my host mum even treated me with a hairdressers appointment hence why my hair is sitting so fabulously. Plus she kitted me out with the dress, fascinator and clutch bag saving me a lot of dollar and making me feel so fancy on the day - thanks Suz! 

L-R: beautiful Flemington Racecourse; so many selfies; drinks with Rach; such a pretty venue.

Many, many glasses of champagne were consumed and it all went to our heads quite quickly meaning we were a bit shit at betting and won no money but it was all part of the fun! Thank god the weather cleared up as it was legit thunder and lightening the morning of the event, drowned rat is never a good look people. 

L-R: watching one of the races; always time for another photo; with my Dutch gal Carli; such a good day.

So glad I got a ticket and some girls together to head to the races as it was the best day ever and totally worth the awful hangover the next day. Going to the races was actually on my bucket list too so it is always good to tick something off of that hefty list. I also managed to wear my heels all day, even on the grass and for anyone who knows me well will know that is a huge achievement for me and my dodgy ankles! 

Can't wait to go to more sporting events in Melbourne, next up is hopefully the cricket and then AUSTRALIAN OPEN IN JANUARY, huge tennis fan right here, c'mon Murray.

x



No comments :

Post a Comment