Book Club - "Why Not Me?" Mindy Kaling


Anyone who knows me knows I am a big Mindy Kaling fan. She is just so funny and honest and cool and I want to bebest friends pleaseeee. This book is a follow-up to her 2011 memoir Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? which I reviewed a little while back and you can read here. Mindy is such a #girlboss as she is not only an actress but a writer, producer and director of her own show, The Mindy Project, I mean c'mon how badass is that?! 

What was lovely about the first book was that we learned about Mindy's childhood, early adulthood and her entrance into showbiz through The Office. With this book there is more of an insight into her own show The Mindy Project which was so much fun for me as I love that show! It is so cool to hear about her relationships with her co-stars and what it is like to be a minor celebrity in La La Land. Oh and she tells a really cool story about a brief romance with one of Barrack Obama's security team, who turns out to be a bit of a fuckboy - sounds like an actual storyline from Scandal, I die. 

There are sooo many inspirational quotes throughout and this one is one of my favourites, she is just so real and non-judgemental;


Anyone who is a fan of Mindy's work in The Office as the formidable Kelly Kapoor or in The Mindy Project as Mindy Lahiri will love this laugh-out-loud book which gives the reader as behind-the-scenes look into her hectic lifestyle both on and off a TV set. This would be a great Christmas present for any Mindy Kaling fans out there, and if you are not a fan, well you are seriously missing out my friend and should get on board the Mindy fan club fan right now. Leaving you with these words of wisdom from the lady herself;



happy reading
x

No comments :

Post a Comment