October Goals


Okay, how is it October 15th already?! Typical me putting my monthly goals out there halfway through the month... 


EAT CLEAN 

One of my September goals was to be more active and I did cycle and walk more, but I didn't do much yoga or running which is very bad of me. I really want to get a bit fitter, especially with the good weather and all the upcoming summer events. I think one of the main reasons I was neglecting working out is because I am always so exhausted and have no energy. This has to do with not getting enough sleep, running after 3 crazy kids and being lazy with my diet. So this month I am determined to eat more healthily. I stumbled across the fitness blog Gymbags & Gladrags which has an awesome free meal and workout planner. All you have to do is sign up to her blog via email and you download this super cute planner. This has really helped me to get motivated by writing down exactly what I am eating, it means I am less likely to eat junk and can keep track of what I have been eating and see what foods agree with my body and which ones don't! I am also cutting down on bread as it always makes me feel bloated so hopefully that will help with my fitness and diet too.  

SAVE THE PENNIES

I only have 3 months left in Australia and shit is getting real. I have so many things I want to do and places I want to visit before I make the long trip back to Scotland. There are so many plans in the air like my cousin might come out, I might be going to New Zealand for a few weeks, I might stop off in some cool destinations on the way home to break up the journey... The list goes on. It is all a bit stressful and I need to save some serious cash to afford it all and I don't want to go home completely broke either. I am trying to stop buying so much coffee when I am out and maybe I will get a weekend job too, but we will see how well I go with that. 

BE MORE MINIMALIST 

There seems to be a trend at the minute on the blogging scene to embrace the minimalist lifestyle. I think it all started with Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. This book seems to be everywhere at the minute and my host Mum has read it and it spurred on a huge Spring Clean for her and I quickly followed suit! I had a big clear out of all my clothes and belongings. I am one of those annoying people that quite likes having a clear out as it just makes me feel so much better about myself like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am taking this declutter seriously and only buying items I really need. No more gravitating to that sale section to pick up cheap clothes you don't really need or love! I can't wait to get back to my room at home and throw out half of the crap I have hoarded over the years, goodbye old junk.  

That's about all I aim to achieve this month, wish me luck on the healthy eating, I think I will need it! 

x


No comments :

Post a Comment