Katy's Kitchen: Scrambled Eggs and Kale Salad


I have a confession to make, prior to a couple of weeks ago I had never cooked scrambled eggs before. Can't quite believe that statement myself. It wasn't till my host mum found this recipe on Pinterest meaning I had to give scrambled eggs a go, queue me Youtubing "how to make scrambled eggs'. Luckily scrambled eggs are actually super easy to make once you get the hang of it. I have never really been a fan of scrambled eggs as I hated the smell of it cooking when I was younger and my big brother had them like errday. If you are weird like me in this respect then I have an amazing solution on how to make non-smelly eggs - hallelujah. PS I am all about that kale life, seeing what all the fuss was about with this seriously good salad.
For this recipe, you'll need;

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • Coconut Oil
  • Milk
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Goats Cheese
  • Chilli Flakes
  • Kale
  • Sundried Tomatoes
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Pesto


Method


  • To make the salad cut up kale into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl add the kale, sundried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and pesto and mix it all together.
  • To make the scrambled eggs crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a dash of milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. In a small frying pan heat the coconut oil on a low heat until melted then add the egg mixture to the pan. Give the pan a shake so the mixture fills the whole pan, then with a wooden spoon drag the egg mixture in the pan back and forth. Keep the eggs on a low heat and keep dragging the spoon until the scrambled eggs start to form. This method makes the eggs nice and fluffy, it is foolproof and elimates that smelly egg smell - result!
  • Lastly, add some goats cheese into the hot eggs so it gets all nice and melted and I like to sprinkle some on my salad too because you can never have too much cheese. I like to add some chilli flakes for a bit of a kick too.
And it is as easy as that, like really easy. I didn't even burn anything which is a rarity for me. If I can cook, you all can too so get in the kitchen and make this pronto as I eat it for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner so yeah if that isn't an indicator of how good it is, I don't know what it. 


x











No comments :

Post a Comment