What I've Been Watching: Narcos


Netflix has seriously been upping its game with its Original Series from Orange is the New Black to House of Cards to Wet Hot American Summer to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, it has created binge watching and has redefined how this generation watches TV. Another series that caught my eye on Netflix is Narcos, not gonna lie the main thing that attracted me to this show is the ridiculously hot and talented Pedro Pascal aka Oberyn Martell from Game of Thrones

I am glad to report that this series has a lot more going for it than just a couple of hot guys. It's based on an unbelievable true story about a Columbian drug lord in the 80's and early 90's and his rise to power. I had never hear of Pablo Escobar before so this is all new and exciting for me but even if you do know his story this series is still really exciting. Pedro Pascal and Boyd Holbrook play the DEA agents out to take down the Medellin Cartel at any cost. This show is full of violence, sex and drugs as you would expect but it is so much more than that. The majority of the show is subtitled but this doesn't bother me, it's just a credit to how good the show that the subtitles are irrelevant(I swear if I watch it just before bed I speak Spanish in my dreams - ha). Plus hearing Pedro Pascal speaking Spanish is HOT.  Another benefit of the subtitles is that it forces you to pay attention and has meant that I haven't finished the season in 3 days, which always happens with OITNB...

Narcos has just been renewed for a second season, due mid 2016 and I for one can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds. 

Netflix TV recommendations:

  • Breaking Bad - if you haven't seen this, where have you been? Chemistry teacher turned expert meth maker, whats not to love?
  • Arrested Development - hilarious, sarcastic, awkward from start to finish. I want to be in the Bluth family, please adopt me Lucille.
  • Scandal - Olivia Pope is the ultimate femaleBOSS, and slays in all white and drinks red wine like its going out of fashion.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - just trust me on this one guys, classic 90s drama with great writing and even better characters with major girl power themes. 
  • Mad Men - a super cool and stylish look into a 1950s advertising agency, Don Draper is fineee and Roger Sterling is my spirit animal.
  • American Horror Story - same cast every season playing different characters and in new settings every season - genius idea. Season 2 is the scariest and by far the best in my opinion, and I don't even like horror films but this show is life. Plus it has the cuteness that is Evan Peters, nuff said. 

On my Netflix to watch list:

  • Better Call Saul
  • Angel
  • Twin Peaks
  • Louie
  • Friday Night Lights
happy TV watching
x






No comments :

Post a Comment