Katy's Kitchen: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups


Firstly lets address the elephant in the room, no these are not a replica of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at all because I am not a dab hand in the kitchen and nothing can be as good as those little gems but these little beauties are wayyy healthier and super simple to make. Secondly yes I am calling my recipes Katy's Kitchen because this girl can't resist some shit hot alliteration. 

Ingredients
  • 50 grams or 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 50 grams or 1/4 of butter/margarine 
  • 50 grams or 1/4 of wholemeal self raising flour
  • 1 egg
  • peanut butter

Method
  • Place sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until all the sugar is combined into the butter.
  • Add the flour gradually followed by the egg (if the mixture is too thick add a touch of milk).
  • Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 15 mins.
  • Allow cakes to cool then cut each on half and add a dollop of peanut butter.
Now I know my batch look a tad burnt mainly because I was distracted by the VMA's (I blame Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' catfight) and I think wholemeal flour is a lot easier to burn than regular flour so keep an eye on these bad boys whilst they are in the oven! 

These are are really handy little snack and a great if you are a sweet tooth like me and crave chocolate all. of. the. time. I think my face in the bottom right says it all;
I think I will make these again but with slight variations like with salted caramel in the middle instead of peanut butter and maybe throw in some coconut oil to add a bit more flavour. The possibilities are endles!

happy baking bitches
x


No comments :

Post a Comment