Katy's Kitchen: Banana Oat Bites


I have been trying out a few healthy snacky recipes recently and thought I would share my efforts. These little balls of goodness (lets be mature, I can hear you sniggering) are super quick and easy to make but yes I still managed to burn them slightly... I blame the oven. 

Ingredients
  • 2 ripe bananas 
  • 1 cup of oats
  • 1 tablespoon of nutmeg 
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of peanut butter 


Method
  • In a bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas 
  • Add in your oats, spices and peanut butter and mix together 
  • With your hands form oval shape balls with the mixture
  • Pop them on top of a greaseproof paper tray and bang them in the oven for 10-15 mins. 


And there you have it, super easy and a great little snack to have when you are on the move. 

I plan on making some variations of these like maybe adding some nutella or some salted caramel as the peanut butter does dry them out a tad. Also you could use different spices, this was just the ones I had handy. Next time I am definetely going to throw in some coconut oil because I am obsessed with the stuff right now!

happy baking gals
x


No comments :

Post a Comment