Week in Pictures #8

Melbourne Polaroids


Having my parents in Melbourne was such a treat but also a slight chore as the pressure was on playing tour guide. I think I did quite a good job covering the city mainly hitting up Southbank, Fed Square and the Queen Vic Market several times. The current film exhibition at Fed Square's AAMI is every film buff's dream, there was so much Baz Luhrmann film probs I was loving life.





We visited Melbourne Zoo as my parents wanted to see a kangaroo and a koala whilst in Australia. It was actually really good and would recommend heading out there for the day as there are loads of animals to see. Our faves were the lions and the giraffes which I have never seen before and are now my fave animals graceful and beautiful. So FYI $30 well spent people.


Another surprise I planned for my Mum and Dad was the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant which is a restaurant in a tram that takes you all around the city. It was so cool and great value for money, the waiters were hilarious and really made the experience. Plus the unlimited booze is just fab, look at all the drinks in the bottom left photo. My Dad was pretty drunk getting off the tram it was brilliant. 
After becoming a big fab of Australia's Masterchef I have been wanting to go to Shannon Bennett's restaurant Vue de Monde, unfortunately it's on the pricey side so we just had a cocktail in the bar and the views were epic. For sure going up 55 floors in the Rialto Tower again sooner rather than later please!  




No comments :

Post a Comment