Weekend Getaway - Lorne

Last weekend my host family and I headed down the Great Ocean Road to the cute seaside town of Lorne for a 2 night stay in a lovely spa resort - lucky me huh?!



I had briefly visited Lorne when I road tripped in a camper with Lianne back in April so I knew what to expect of this little gem. It is one of the bigger towns on the scenic route and has lots of cafes, restaurants and a few bars and boutique shops. Therefore there was plenty to keep us entertained for our weekend away. Plus the Mantra Resort we stayed in had lots of facilities like tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, bikes for hire and lots of other fun activities.


We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with two ensuites, a lounge room and a kitchen so it was perfect for when we just wanted to chill, eat cheese, drink wine and watch a bit of telly which - perfect for the winter weather. We did drag ourselves away from the apartment to take a drive up to Erskine Falls to see the waterfalls and it was so worth it, reminded me a lot of Scotland.


Luckily it was dry when we made the hike as the stairs were pretty slippy to the waterfall! 


Apart from this detour we mainly hung around the resort and took walks along the beach and town but that was fine by us. My lovely host parents also surprised me with a pedicure and massage treatment at the Endota Spa and it was sooooo nice. I had never had a pedicure before but I will definitely be getting another one, sooner rather than later hopefully!

I am working my way through the Travel Diary posts so I will eventually write all about Australian adventures and my Great Ocean Road Trip. If you are driving along this way you should stop in Lorne at least for a bite to eat and a cold beer at one of their cool sea front hang outs as it's such a nice, relaxed beach town. 

More soon 
x








No comments :

Post a Comment