Week in Pictures #5

Shopping

L-R: more jewellery treats; pineapple candle holder (d'awww); adorable pug print toiletry bag.

It is lucky Lovisa is an inexpensive jewellery store because I cannot stop myself from buying dainty necklaces from there, thank god for their inspired 3 for $10 offers. My pineapple obsession is getting out of hand, I can't stop buying and obsessing over random pineapple artefacts that I do not need but look sooo pretty (I need help). I needed a toiletry bag for my Sydney trip next week and this little baby is the perfect size to throw my make-up and other essentials into - plus how freakin' adorable is it?!

Markets

L-R: Saturday morning at Prahran Market; Melbourne coffee is bae saver; Market Lane Coffee is to die for. 

I decided to hop on the train and check out the Prahran Market before my parents arrive in Melbourne as I wanted to see if it was any good and I must say I wasn't disappointed. It is a lot smaller than South Melbourne Market and it is exclusively a food market but I think my parents would love it and we could definitely grab something to eat there and get cheese to enjoy with wine at night (this is my Dad's favourite pastime so that will happen). Also shout out to Market Lane Coffee which I had heard about from a few people and I can now see why, one of the best coffees I have had in Melbourne so far, will for sure have another cuppa and  check out their other cafe at Queen Vic Market. 

Explore

L-R: the iconic AC'DC Lane; coffee and reading break on Degraves Street; old school yellow NYC cabs on Hosier Lane.

Over the weekend I managed to hit up my favourite laneways in Melbourne's CBD despite the shitty rainy weather. Luckily I took cover in a coffee shop to finish reading Bossypants (book review on that soon) and eat my weight in banana bread (I love Australia). There was actually a random and cool wedding photoshoot going on at Hosier Lane with two NYC taxis - so hipster, so Melbourne. I also took a walk along to AC/DC Lane to take some photos for this lil blog and to check out the famous restaurant at the bottom of the street called Pastuso, as I am thinking of taking my parents there. All in all it was a lovely wee day exploring the amazing culture this city has to offer.

Blogging 

L-R: taking photos of my new Sportsgirl lipsticks; selfie with my new and much needed scarf; blog post planning for another Book Club review. 

Lots of catching up to do with blog posts so most of today has been spent writing posts for the coming week as I am usually too tired to write after chasing 3 hyper kids all day long. Also I can now reveal  to the world that I am a converted scarf person. I never used to be much of a fan of scarfs but I have bought two this last month and the love runs deep, like we are attached at the hip/neck and I ain't letting go. 

Can't believe it is week 5 of writing these posts, I love being able to look back at all the random things I have gotten up to - good motivation to keep at this blogging malarky. 


until next time
x

No comments :

Post a Comment