Melbourne To Do: Brighton Beach

 

Last weekend I had the pleasure of having my beautiful Scottish friend Hannah come hang out in my neck of the woods. It was so nice to have a chilled weekend and drink lots of coffee and eat lots of yummy food. On Sunday we made the short trip to Brighton which I had actually never properly visited. This suburb of Melbourne is really cute and has loads to do such as shopping, cafes, bars and of course the Bright Beach Boxes - perfect for a cheeky photo in front of the Aussie flag.


How cool are these lil huts? It was pretty chilly when we hit the beach but the sun was shining and there were loads of other tourists and locals enjoying themselves too. 



Spot the hazy Melbourne skyline in the distance. This is why I love this city, 20 minutes on the train and you get to Brighton and sit on a proper beach and see views like this. Australia, you never fails to amaze.

You can get to Brighton via the Sandringham line and get off at Brighton Beach to see the beach huts then make your way to Church Street for a bite to eat and a bit of shopping. We went to The Pantry for scones and coffee and it was not too shabby and that's good coming from a couple of British folk who love a good scone. 




Safe to say I will be back in Brighton, might even take my parents here when we are back in Melbourne. 


x






No comments :

Post a Comment