Travel Diaries - India #3




Goa is famous for its markets and we hit up the Anjuna Market which is on every Wednesday and we were not disappointed. Just look at how typically Indian it is, lots of spices and pashminas everywhere!



The market had literally thousands of stalls selling all sorts of knick-knacks and trinkets so word to the wise get there early as there is so much to see. Lianne and I picked up some anklets and bracelets from this lovely lady below for the grand total of about a fiver; 


I absolutely love this picture, totally sums up the colour, culture and craziness of India. Speaking of crazy this guy was just strolling around with a sassy donkey as you do.





There's only so much haggling a girl can do so we headed to this cute cafe at the edge of the market and right off the beach.


Such an awesome spot to kick back on the floor, chill out and watch the waves. This was easily the best thing we did in Goa and I only wish we were there longer to go again.


If you are planning a Indian adventure definetely check out the many markets going on all over the country. Goa has two main markets - this Anjuna Market which is primarily for clothes, jewellery and fabrics and the Saturday Night Market which is more focused on food and drink. Just looking at these pictures makes me want to go back and explore it all again, one day Goa I will be back.

I had an amazing time in India, it opened my eyes to a lot of things and made me appreciate how lucky I am in life. The country and the people there were beautiful and I hope that more people visit India and see firsthand for themselves how amazing it is. I would love to go back and explore more of South India if Goa is anything to go by! Getting to see the Taj Mahal is one of the best things I have ever seen and something I remember forever. India gets a bad rap and I just wanted to share how amazing it is, you just have to be careful and look after your travel buddies and you will be grand.

Next up I will be posting about my Thailand adventures - stay tuned peeps.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment