New In: Make Up Brushes


I have a confession to make - I don't own make up brushes, well until now that is. I just never really seen the point of them bar a powder brush which was kind of essential. However my lovely host Mum bought me an amazing MAC highlighter back from her New York trip (post on that later) so I thought I should buy the proper tools for it. 

Being a bit of a make up novice I will admit that I purchased these brushes purely because they weren't crazy expensive and look how pretty they are - rose gold and hot pink is my faveee. Alas I am pleased to announce the brushes are actually really good plus super soft and easy to clean *yay*.

 Powder Brush 

Dream powder brush right here, its big and fluffy and doesn't hold too much excess powder.

Foundation Brush

I only use this brush when I am going out and want full foundation coverage as it can be a little bit heavy for everyday make up.

Angled Blusher Brush 

This little number has goes hand in hand with my new MAC Highlighter. The angled edge helps to define my cheekbones as I swear I have like none. Also it's good for applying highlighter on all the other key areas like the eyebrow bone, bridge of the nose and the cupid's bow.

Eyeshadow Brush 

I needed another eyebrow brush as my old Urban Decay one is on the way out. This one is really nice and soft and glides across the eyelid which is just what you want. 

Since writing this post I have realised I am missing a trusty lip brush, especially since I spied this lip kit in Topshop that I now must have in my life, in all 4 colours... My name is Katy and I have a shopping problem.

Back soon
x

1 comment :

  1. To replace your urban decay, get a real techniques! My absolute favourite and blends like a dream - if you feel £20 for a MAC 217 is a bit plush! Can't wait to hear about this Mac Highlighter, it will last you forever and I love mine!

    Rachel xx
    Www.thehonest-type.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete