St. Andrews Day 2

What I Wore
Print Smock Dress - River Island (old)
Sandals - Primark
Sunglasses - Topshop (old)
'Katy' Necklace - Gift

So who wishes the weather was this good more often? Looking out the window now is even more depressing looking at these photos. 
We shot these photos in the garden of our rented house in St Andrews and I am so chuffed with how they came out. Zero editing required, again my little bro is impressing me with his blog photography skills.

I picked up this smock dress in the River Island summer sales last year and liked it so much that I bought it in the other colour also! I still love it but if I am being honest it has shrun a tad so can only be worn with bare legs on very sunny days when the wind is at a minimum - no Marilyn Monroe moments wanted here. 

My most worn and treasured piece of jewellery is my 'Katy' necklace that my cousin bought me a few birthdays ago. Ever since falling in love with Carrie Bradshaw's New York lifestyle in Sex and the City I have wanted my own name necklace. 


We wondered down to East Sands via Jannettas AKA the best ice cream shop in Scotland. It's one of the things you just have to do when in St. Andrews. Here's a little check list of the other things to do if you ever find yourself on the east coast:

  • West Sands - where the film Chariots of Fire was filmed. great beach when it is sunny, for a lazy day at the beach with book in hand. 
  • East Sands - as seen in my blog posts, great for walks along the harbour whilst eating your ice cream. 
  • The Old Course - everyone needs an obligatory photo on the bridge on this iconic golf course. Also the pub just of the course called The Jigger has a great beer garden.  
  • Charity Shops - St. Andrews is a gold mine for charity shops with all the hand me downs from the old posh grannies and the students at the university. 
  • The Cottage Kitchen - a fairly new cafĂ©  that sources all local organic goods, their chocolate cake is the best I have ever tasted and trust me I have tasted a lot of chocolate cake. 
  • Little Italy - a family run authentic Italian restaurant. Great food, fine wines, good atmosphere and lovely staff - if your stuck on somewhere to go for dinner definitely give this a try. 
  • The Criterion - this is a small, friendly little pub with their acoustic and pub quiz nights always proving a hit with locals and tourists alike. 
Here's a little fun GIF of me and my little brother, Jack. You must buy Party Party from the App Store, best 69p you will ever spend.


More soon


1 comment :