Dress to Impress with Topshop


Pretty exciting to be writing my first blog post about my favourite high street brand, Topshop. I was lucky enough to be invited to their first ever event at their newly refurbished Argyle Street store, here in Glasgow. As part of my work for Young Glasgow Magazine I attended the 'Dress to Impress' event to get an insider scoop on what's the in thing to wear this Spring/Summer season to those all important, nerve racking interviews. 


There was literally a queue outside to get in and of course being Scotland we were waiting in the rain! But once inside we were treated to some refreshments of popchips and coconut water, which went down a treat as you can imagine, I do love a freebie!


Skirt - Topshop (sale) similar
Cami - New Look
Kimono - H&M (old)similar
Boots - New Look 
Cat Ear Bag - ASOS

Myself and my date for the night, my bestie Ruth, were heading out for a night on the town straight after so we had to wear something that would work for both occasions, hence my kind of casual ensemble but I think Ruth looked amazeballs! Love the monochrome look with the pop of neon and the statement necklace really makes this an interview worthy outfit, so kudos Blogan.

 
Follow Ruth on her blog here

The event coordinated with Scottish Apprenticeship Week and here are some of my key handbag styles for interviews 


Bowler Bag- in store only
Backpack - available online 
Satchel - available online

So difficult to narrow down my favourite pieces from Topshop as I want to buy it all but these are my top four picks, to ensure us girls stand out at those increasingly competitive interviews.


Yellow Blazer - available online
Print Heels - in store only 
Cobalt Blue Dress - available online
Monochrome Printed Trousers - available online

I love all of these pieces especially the heels, the print and style is spot on. They would go great with the cobalt blue dress paired with either a white or black blazer for an interview or for a dinner date. 
Similarly the printed trousers paired with the yellow blazer and a white or black loose tee would also be fab for an interview or for drinks with the girls!
That's what can be great about shopping for interview looks at Topshop you could wear all the items you buy a million different ways to a million different occasions. It's a win win scenario ladies. 


The new Personal Shopping suite at Topshop's Argyle Street store in amazing, this photo does not do it any justice. The stylists were really friendly and work with all shapes, sizes and budgets so no need to be embarrassed or feel pressured to max out the credit card. What's more its completely free to book an appointment with all the different type of appointments being listed below.


You can book an appointment here through Topshop's website. 
Very tempted to give it a go myself just need an excuse and an occasion to treat myself sure it won't take much to twist my arm! 





No comments :

Post a Comment